CareerChangers.TV is a monthly half-hour show that airs daily on Spectrum OC16. It’s about people who have changed jobs to pursue their dreams, and businesses that help others find their calling. We also do stories on unusual occupations, new companies, startups, and education or training programs.
WHEN TO WATCH...
With OC16 On Demand, you can now see Career Changers TV anytime! Just tune to Channel 14/high def 1014 and select the episode you want. Below is our normal daily schedule on Channel 12 and 1012, subject to change for high school sports. You can also find past shows on OC16's website by clicking here.
first Wednesday of each month.
Mondays 8:00 am
Tuesdays 5:00 am & 4:30 pm
Wednesdays 9:00 pm
Thursdays 3:00 am
Fridays 5:30 pm & 11:30 pm
Saturdays 11:30 am & 8:30 pm
Sundays 2:30 am & 2:00 pm
ON THIS MONTH'S PROGRAM...
• You'll hear about the Kaimuki Business and Professional Association's first-ever Eat2K event on April 7 to benefit Aloha Harvest, which "rescues" quality food for distribution to people in need. On your mark... get set... GO to this video link!
• Designer Allison Izu Song talks about the inspiration behind her petite fashions and how she teamed up with Summer Shiigi, whose Ten Tomorrow clothing line is sold under the same Kaimuki cottage roof. Here's that segment.
• Kailua Town Magazine Publisher Rebecca Cummings tells how a spell of rainy weather in Windward Oahu led to a career change... that happened to fit her original goals back in Virginia! Click here for her story.
• Plus, we'll show you a small private school in Kailua that is making big news in state and national robotics competitions! Find out more about the Huakailani School for Girls in this video segment.
• You can also see videos from past and current episodes on the Career Changers TV YouTube Channel, which now has over 2.3 million views! Click here to browse by categories.
FOR ADVERTISERS AND SPONSORS
Career Changers TV is a half-hour show geared to people in Hawaii who are looking to make a career change, or want to start their own business. As part of Spectrum OC16’s homegrown family of programs, it can be seen daily at different times by over 300,000 households state-wide, plus thousands of online viewers.
When we started in 2010 during the recession, our show’s focus was on employment opportunities and education programs that prepare students for jobs in demand. But as the economy improved and more people became interested in launching startups, we expanded our content to include TV magazine-style features on local success stories, who provide practical advice and inspiration for a diverse audience.
If your market is local kine folks who channel surf, “advertorial” or “infotainment” type stories are a great alternative to 30-second commercials that get lost in the shuffle of network channel ads. Honestly, does anyone sit through three or four minutes of commercials and remember what they saw?
Get Local and National Publicity
Many stories we’ve aired have gotten follow-up media coverage in Hawaii publications and nationally-broadcast TV shows seen on the Food Network, Discovery Channel, History Channel and Travel Channel. People we’ve profiled have later been featured in cover stories and articles in Pacific Business News, Honolulu Magazine and the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
In short, appearing on Career Changers TV is like having a video press release that thousands of viewers will see each day on television. Business leaders, entrepreneurs and notable personalities who have been on our show include:
And that’s just a sampling from over 500 segments we’ve produced in the past seven years. Check out our YouTube Channel to see more examples and categories you or your company might fit into…