CareerChangers.TV is a monthly half-hour show that airs daily on Spectrum OC16. It’s about people who have changed jobs to pursue their dreams, and businesses that help others find their calling. We also do stories on unusual occupations, new companies, startups, and education or training programs.
©2018 Career Changers TV
WHEN TO WATCH...
With OC16 On Demand, you can now see Career Changers TV anytime! Just tune to Channel 14/high def 1014 and select the episode you want. Below is our normal daily schedule on Channel 12/high def 1012 and Channel 16/1016 in some areas, subject to change for high school sports. You can also find past shows on OC16's website by clicking here.
first Wednesday of each month.
Mondays 8:00 am
Tuesdays 5:00 am & 4:30 pm
Wednesdays 9:00 pm
Thursdays 3:00 am
Fridays 5:30 pm & 11:30 pm
Saturdays 11:30 am & 8:30 pm
Sundays 2:30 am & 2:00 pm
ON THIS MONTH'S PROGRAM...
• Tickets are now on sale for the Waimea Valley Summer Concert Series. Get all three star-packed shows for just $38 per adult by ordering now! There's lots more going on at the valley too, as you'll see in this video.
• We'll tell you about a nonprofit organization that helps prepare members for the homeownership process -- and it's available to anyone, regardless of income level. Here's that link.
• If you already own an older condo, preventative maintenance programs could save you money and enhance your property's value when you decide to sell. Check out this video to find out more!
• In Part 2 of his interview, famed waterman Brian Keaulana talks more about the stunt biz and why he's proud of a local film he helped produce: "Ho'omau." You can see Part 1 of his story here.
• You can also see videos from past and current episodes on the Career Changers TV YouTube Channel, which now has over 2.4 million views! Click here to browse by categories.
FOR ADVERTISERS AND SPONSORS
Career Changers TV is a half-hour show geared to people in Hawaii who are looking to make a career change, or want to start their own business. As part of Spectrum OC16’s homegrown family of programs, it can be seen daily at different times by over 300,000 households state-wide, plus thousands of online viewers.
When we started in 2010 during the recession, our show’s focus was on employment opportunities and education programs that prepare students for jobs in demand. But as the economy improved and more people became interested in launching startups, we expanded our content to include TV magazine-style features on local success stories, who provide practical advice and inspiration for a diverse audience.
If your market is local kine folks who channel surf, “advertorial” or “infotainment” type stories are a great alternative to 30-second commercials that get lost in the shuffle of network channel ads. Honestly, does anyone sit through three or four minutes of commercials and remember what they saw?
Get Local and National Publicity
Many stories we’ve aired have gotten follow-up media coverage in Hawaii publications and nationally-broadcast TV shows seen on the Food Network, Discovery Channel, History Channel and Travel Channel. People we’ve profiled have later been featured in cover stories and articles in Pacific Business News, Honolulu Magazine and the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
In short, appearing on Career Changers TV is like having a video press release that thousands of viewers will see each day on television. Business leaders, entrepreneurs and notable personalities who have been on our show include:
And that’s just a sampling from over 500 segments we’ve produced in the past seven years. Check out our YouTube Channel to see more examples and categories you or your company might fit into…