CareerChangers.TV is a monthly half-hour show that airs daily on Spectrum OC16. It’s about people who have changed jobs to pursue their dreams, and businesses that help others find their calling. We also do stories on unusual occupations, new companies, startups, and education or training programs.
©2018 Career Changers TV
WHEN TO WATCH...
With OC16 On Demand, you can now see Career Changers TV anytime! Just tune to Channel 14/high def 1014 and select the episode you want. Below is our normal daily schedule on Spectrum Channel 16/1016, subject to change for high school sports. You can also find past shows on OC16's website by clicking here.
first Wednesday of each month.
Mondays 10:30 am
Tuesdays On Demand (Channel 14)
Wednesdays 9:00 pm
Thursdays 3:00 am & 12:30 pm
Fridays 8:30 am
Saturdays 8:30 pm
Sundays 2:30 am & 6:00 am
ON THIS MONTH'S PROGRAM...
• Due to Hurricane Lane, Waimea Valley rescheduled the Aug. 25 concert to Sept. 29. So you still have one more chance to see why thousands of local music fans turned out for their June and July shows! Click here for details.
• Interested in acting or making your own short film? At the Hawaii Filmmakers Collective, you learn by doing. No experience necessary. Check it out.
• Na Kupuna Makamae Senior Center offers a wide variety of programs, ranging from lei making to yoga. But did you know these classes are open to both young and old alike? Here's the video link.
• Architect David Miller has overseen some of the largest projects ever built in Hawaii. Now he's working with the AHED Foundation to tackle one of the biggest problems facing local residents: Affordable Housing. Check it out here.
• You can also see videos from past and current episodes on the Career Changers TV YouTube Channel, which now has over 2.6 million views! Click here to browse by categories.
FOR ADVERTISERS AND SPONSORS
Career Changers TV is a half-hour show geared to people in Hawaii who are looking to make a career change, or want to start their own business. As part of Spectrum OC16’s homegrown family of programs, it can be seen daily at different times by over 300,000 households state-wide, plus thousands of online viewers.
When we started in 2010 during the recession, our show’s focus was on employment opportunities and education programs that prepare students for jobs in demand. But as the economy improved and more people became interested in launching startups, we expanded our content to include TV magazine-style features on local success stories, who provide practical advice and inspiration for a diverse audience.
If your market is local kine folks who channel surf, “advertorial” or “infotainment” type stories are a great alternative to 30-second commercials that get lost in the shuffle of network channel ads. Honestly, does anyone sit through three or four minutes of commercials and remember what they saw?
Get Local and National Publicity
Many stories we’ve aired have gotten follow-up media coverage in Hawaii publications and nationally-broadcast TV shows seen on the Food Network, Discovery Channel, History Channel and Travel Channel. People we’ve profiled have later been featured in cover stories and articles in Pacific Business News, Honolulu Magazine and the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
In short, appearing on Career Changers TV is like having a video press release that thousands of viewers will see each day on television. Business leaders, entrepreneurs and notable personalities who have been on our show include:
And that’s just a sampling from over 500 segments we’ve produced in the past seven years. Check out our YouTube Channel to see more examples and categories you or your company might fit into…